According to Kotler and Armstrong's "Principles of Marketing,"
mission statement is the statement of organization's purpose.
It tells "who we are" to the customers,
and the organization sets more detailed objectives based on the mission statement.
Therefore, mission statement should be simple enough for workers to remember,
distinctive in order to make difference from other similar companies,
and customer-focused to always satisfy customers.
I didn't know about mission statement before, so I was surprised that every company has mission statement, and we can find it on the official website of each companies.
In today's blog, I am going to find mission statements of many companies whose purposes I can't imagine!
First company is.... Twitter, Inc.
Twitter, Inc.'s mission statement is
"To give everyone the power to create and share ideas information instantly, without barriers."
https://about.twitter.com/company
I thought that this mission statement can be used for Facebook.
So let's compare with Facebook's mission statement.
Facebook's mission statement is to give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected. People use Facebook to stay connected with friends and family, to discover what's going on in the world, and to share and express what matter to them.
https://www.facebook.com/facebook/info
Facebook focus on connecting people.
I can also say that Twitter put more priority on immediacy.
And what I feel interesting is that both Twitter and Facebook describes their value for customer as the "power," because in my first guess, Twitter and Facebook provides the place(website) to share ideas.
In the "Principles of Marketing," Kotler and Armstrong explain,
"Mission statements should be market oriented and defined in terms of satisfying basic customer needs. Products and technologies eventually become outdated, but basic needs may last forever."
Both Twitter and Facebook made customer-focused mission statement, instead of explaining their products ,using the word ,such as the place and the website, so that these mission statements can lead their company forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment