***** Nice to meet you! *****
Hi, My name is Wakako and I'm from Osaka, Japan.
My hometown Osaka is famous for its distinctive food, its dialect, and also there are a lot of comedians.
We cook "takoyaki" with a special pan. It is said that all families in Osaka have the special pan for "takoyakai," though in other area the pan is quite rare. Then you understand that "takoyaki" is the special food loved by people in Osaka!
You may also be surprised that I eat octopus! For Japanese people, octopuses are delicious food, not a devil! We eat raw octopus with soy sauce, what we call "sashimi," boiled octopus with cucumber and vinegar, and of course we have sushi octopus. You should try "takoyaki" and octopus when you come to Japan!
The picture below is my favorite comedian in Osaka.
I've been in the United States for about 6 months at the end of September. I studied for about 5 months in English program at SMC, so this is my first semester! Ans I will leave after this semester, so this is also my last semester at SMC. :(
It is very beautiful here and I am excited to see all the colors in the Fall! I am also a little bit afraid of the sever winter, because in Osaka, it snows only a few days a year, and the ground is not covered with snow.
I am junior in Japan, and my major is English area studies, such as linguistics, international business, literature, second language teaching, and culture. I learned a wide range of subjects, and my favorite is international business. That is why I am taking marketing class. Before I came here to study, I had a part time job in private school and taught English for 12-year-old students. In Japan, English education is compulsory for the students at the age of 12 to 15.
***** my academic and career goal *****
I'm really interested in international trade, so my career plan is working somewhere that is related to international trade, such as manufacture, transport company, or bank.
In Japan, I participated an internship program in a manufacturer of machine tools. I was mainly in purchasing department, and it was a wonderful experience for me. I learned that every departments in a company cooperate together. So there were a lot of meetings every day! And I was surprised that even workers in purchase department, who did not study engineering in their colleges, know well about machine tools. They said that they naturally learned about machine as they work because they need to work with people in other departments and they need to know about work in different departments. After I went to the manufacturer of machine tools, I got interested in manufacturers because I thought I is so nice to work together toward the same goal. I felt the bond between workers and departments. Right after I go back to Japan, I need to start job hunting, so my future career is one of my biggest concern.....! I want to participate in an internship program in the United States, too.
I'm really interested in international trade, so my career plan is working somewhere that is related to international trade, such as manufacture, transport company, or bank.
In Japan, I participated an internship program in a manufacturer of machine tools. I was mainly in purchasing department, and it was a wonderful experience for me. I learned that every departments in a company cooperate together. So there were a lot of meetings every day! And I was surprised that even workers in purchase department, who did not study engineering in their colleges, know well about machine tools. They said that they naturally learned about machine as they work because they need to work with people in other departments and they need to know about work in different departments. After I went to the manufacturer of machine tools, I got interested in manufacturers because I thought I is so nice to work together toward the same goal. I felt the bond between workers and departments. Right after I go back to Japan, I need to start job hunting, so my future career is one of my biggest concern.....! I want to participate in an internship program in the United States, too.
I came here because I really want to improve my English and I like going abroad. I still have a difficulty to say what I want to say, so I try hard to be able to communicate freely in English. Also, days in the U.S. shows me a lot of cultural differences. It's interesting! In the next blog, I'll show you one of the interesting cultural difference I found in the USA and is also related to marketing!
See you soon.
See you soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment